Packed with protein, this healthy fruit pie recipe is a perfect warm weather treat that doesn’t compromise your healthy habits.
The crust of the pie is made with Medjool dates and cashews, which contain magnesium, selenium, copper and manganese — all essential minerals for healthy bone development. The Greek yogurt topping contains 34 grams of protein and 42 percent of your daily value of vitamin B12, which helps circulatory and nerve health.
Total Time: 25 minutes | Yield: 8-10 servings
9-inch tart or pie pan
Nonstick vegetable spray
15 Medjool dates
1 ½ cup unsalted cashews
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup strawberries
½ cup raspberries or blackberries
½ cup blueberries
- Soak the Medjool dates in warm water for approximately 10 minutes, drain and slice in half.
- Spray bottom of a 9-inch tart or pie pan with nonstick vegetable spray and set aside.
- Pulse the cashews and dates together in the food processor until a thick consistency is formed (it will be moist) and the cashews are finely chopped.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan and partly up the sides.
- Spread the Greek yogurt on top of the crust.
- Decorate with fresh fruit.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.