No grill? No problem!
These pulled chicken lettuce wraps are Labor Day barbecue-ready and can be made in a slow cooker.
Total Time: 5-8 hours depending on slow cooker temperature | Yield: 8 servings
3 pounds skinless chicken breasts
2 cups fat-free chicken broth
½ teaspoon black pepper
18 oz. barbecue sauce
½ cup canned corn
1 head butter lettuce
- In a slow cooker, combine skinless chicken breasts, fat-free chicken broth, black pepper and barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken on cutting board and shred each chicken breast using two forks.
- Transfer chicken back to slow cooker, add canned corn and stir.
- Add chicken to butter lettuce and wrap.