Living in New York often feels hectic, and finding time to take care of ourselves and our families can be hard. Fortunately, there are plenty of places throughout the city where you can spend time with your loved ones while focusing on your health. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Explore Central Park: The city’s iconic park offers hundreds of attractions for families across its 843 acres. The park has numerous paths to explore together, including a running and biking path. You can even rent a rowboat—it’s a great workout for your arms! For more information, check out their website: https://www.centralpark.com.
- Take a ride by the Manhattan Waterfront: Enjoy a morning bike ride or a brisk walk together before the hot sun comes out along this 32-mile route. It’s the perfect way to start a weekend morning!
- Go by the Brooklyn Bridge Park: Spend an afternoon at the Pier 6 playground, swinging on ropes and going down its two-story slides. Then stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge for some extra cardio and one-of-a-kind views.
- Visit the High Line: There’s nothing like a walk on the High Line, NYC’s elevated park. Take the 1.45-mile long walk together while enjoying the Hudson River and city skyline views. The park also features a variety of plant life and artwork.
- Venture to Flushing Meadows Corona Park: Explore the largest park in Queens! Start with a friendly tennis match in one of the courts and then get your hearts pumping with a family game of soccer. Practice your balance and burn more calories by renting a paddleboat. The park also includes a zoo, art museum, botanical garden, science museum, and a baseball stadium for you to explore.
Enjoy getting out this summer and staying healthy with your family!