We’re celebrating Ecuadorian Heritage Month with a traditional ceviche recipe. This low-calorie dish is a healthy option for people who cannot eat raw seafood.
Tools you’ll need
- One large bowl
- One small bowl
- One skillet pan
2 pounds of shrimp
2 red onions
1 green pepper
Juice from 20 limes
3/4 cup of orange juice
½ cup of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro leaves
- Thinly slice the red onions. Combine the onions, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Stir occasionally.
- Dice the tomatoes and the green pepper.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and the diced green pepper, stir frequently and cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Place the cooked shrimp and green peppers into a shallow container and let it cool for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Toss and mix together the diced tomatoes, orange juice, tomato sauce, cilantro, onion-lime juice mixture, as well as the cooked shrimps and green peppers into a large bowl.
- Let it stand in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
Recipe adapted from Laylita.com